Options

Practice Exam Easier then 70-290 Exam

ozzy10ozzy10 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Alot of people in this forum say that the actual exam is easier then the practice test from transcender and measureup which i have used both and passed easily second time though. Is this really the case for people who have taken the test.

Comments

• Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thats what i hear as well. Just make sure you know the material and you're not just remembering the answers to questions that you have previously seen in the practice exam.
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    I hope you're right. Right now I am getting my butt kicked with the Transender exams.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, if you're getting your butt kicked, then put the Transcenders down and start hitting the books and labs. Transcenders is there to tell you if you're ready or not, and since you say it's kicking your butt, you're apparently not ready. I would do this before going through any more Transcenders questions. The reason why I say this is because once you go through Transcenders, many of those questions you will remember if you go through Transcenders a second time. It won't be a true test of your readiness. So again, my advise to you is to put the Transcenders down, go hit the books and labs, and then when you feel you are better prepared, come back to the Transcenders to test your readiness.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Can't speak to the Transcenders, but the test is harder than MeasureUp.
    Good comments by icroyal.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I only want to add to what icroyal said with this: don't hit the practice tests too hard, or you'll end up making them useless. As mentioned, things like MeasureUp and especially Transcender are designed to test your readiness. The problem, though, is that there is only a limited number of questions in the pool they pull from, so you end up memorizing answers and doing better and better on the tests. Practice tests are meant to be taken a few times, maybe once or twice initially, and then once or twice later on, in order to see where you are in terms of preparation for the tests. Don't overuse them, or they won't do you any good.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I do it differently. This works for me, and I'm not saying that any of the earlier advice is bad or wrong. I personally hit the Transcender tests over and over until I consistently get 100%. I make sure that I can not only answer the correct answer because of it's familiarity (which happens on your second or third run through), but that I can actually explain why it's correct. I do this for both the exam questions as well as the flash cards. I find that this helps solidify the concepts as well as lead me to new information that I haven't encountered previously. I also use 2-3 written resources, CBT Nuggets, and a virtual practice lab.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand and dynamik both give good advice. There is one more thing I would like to mention when doing practice exams. In addition to what dynamik stated about knowing why an answer is correct, it is also a great learning experience and a good test to see if you are ready to also make sure you know why the incorrect answers are wrong.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks