Options

Microsoft Press practice test

sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys -

With the self paced training kit from Microsoft comes the MeasureUp practice questions. Are these questions about the difficulty on the exam?

Also with the Transcenders - are they a good measure before taking the exam? Are those questions like the ones on the exam?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sharptech wrote:
    Hey guys -

With the self paced training kit from Microsoft comes the MeasureUp practice questions. Are these questions about the difficulty on the exam?

Also with the Transcenders - are they a good measure before taking the exam? Are those questions like the ones on the exam?

Thanks

I found the MSPress questions to be right about on par with the actual test. It also allows you to get familiar with the question structure on MS tests if you've never taken one before. I found the transcenders to be harder than the actual test. If you can score 80% or higher on the transcenders without question familiarity you're more than ready to pass the test.
  • Options
    Sounds good - thanks Rh.

I am going through the MSPress questions and reviewing the ones I get wrong and making sure I know everything about the subject matter.

Once I hit 95% or above on these questions I will get the Transcenders.
  • Options
    Here is a question that I thought was correct, but turned out to be wrong- this happens on a lot of these questions. Here is the question and my answer and then the correct answer.

Cutting down the length of the question - long to type out.

You live in a region prone to a lot of weather conditions so you will be using files off-line.

Your manager asks for written instructions explaining procedures for configuring offline access to a folder. You want to make sure users are using the most recent files.

Users are familiar with basic computer management and offline folders are at default settings.

-Then it asks the steps you would take to do this. Here was what I said:

Launch my computer
    Find target folder
    Open target folder
    Right-click target folder
    Run make available offline
    Complete the wizard
    exit my computer

Correct answer:
    Launch my computer
    Find target folder
    Open target folder
    Hold CTRL and select all target files
    Right click files
    Run make available offline
    Complete the wizard
    exit my computer

The question specifically stated configuring offline access to a folder and not just files.

Why would my answer be wrong?

Thanks