Options

on to the next one

kellyckellyc Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed today with a score of 860. I feel pleased.

I used the Exam Cram, Exam Prep, and Microsoft study guides. Many people speak positively about the Microsoft study guide but I felt very frustrated and annoyed with it. I preferred the Exam Cram and Exam Prep books. The Exam Prep book was the best one to me. It was the most readable (if you will). The Microsoft book seemed difficult to follow and my mind wandered a lot. The Exam Prep book was more of a grabber (relatively speaking of course, it wasn't quite as compelling as Harry Potter but was sure a lot more accessible than the Microsoft book).

WSUS and DNS were the most heavily covered topics. There were several questions about IIS security that surprised me.

There were some questions that I don't see how anyone could prepare for. There were some fairly easy questions too though.

It was a difficult test. Near the end my mind didn't want to begin reading the questions. Many of the questions were very long.

Good luck with your test.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool. Congratulations on the pass, and good luck on the next test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great score on a tough test. Congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Well done.

Now I'm a little scared of taking 291. When the questions are long, my mind drifts too. icon_cry.gif

That's why I hate the Microsoft exams. There's always a whole story behind one very simple question.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    congrats!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Good score and good work!

Congrats! icon_thumright.gif