Options

Roaming Profile Question

eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
Now keep in mind that I haven't taken a look at the problem yet, but a colleague came to me with a question and I'm not sure what the cause might be.

Basically there is a site with a 2003 server, AD domain. All the users' profiles are stored on the server, and are obviously roaming profiles.

The problem is that if a user makes a change (i.e. deletes some icons from his desktop), it doesn't update the roaming profile, which I believe it should do.

It updates the copy of the profile that is stored locally, but if a user logs off and then on to another computer, the deleted icons are on the desktop. What I mean here is that the user is logging on to a computer he normally doesn't use, so presumably he will be downloading the profile from the server.

The permissions are all fine, and nothing is mandatory.

Without any further troubleshooting on my part (as I won't be able to), anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

(And now I'm thinking, if the user does have a copy of the profile on another computer, would it get updated with the newer version from the server? Anyway, it's happening to everyone, so it's probably not that.)
witty comment

Comments