Options

Parameter Switches

braveheart9braveheart9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am worried about all the various parameter switches throughout the book I'm reading and worried if the exam has many questions such as what switch does /f and /s and /etc stand for or vice versa?

Are these essential to know these?

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you should know the commonly used switches, or at least be able to recognize the right ones in a multiple choice scenario.

Can you be more specific? I am assuming you are asking about commands like nslookup, nbtstat, ipconfig, etc. Is this correct, or are you talking about unattended installs, ds commands, or something else entirely?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    tcp/udptcp/udp Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should definitely know command lines and their respective switches.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm also worried about all the switches/parameters. There are simply dozens I've read about so far, and I would need to dedicate some extra study time to memorizing them all. I will most likely forget 50% of them later on...but do I need them for the exam?

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    More than likely you are going to only be required to know the most common switches. They aren't going to ask you some off-the-wall switch that's used maybe once in 10 years, if ever. You should at least look over them but you aren't expected to remember them all; no one does.