How Do I clean Up Email From POP3 Server

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
I am using Outlook express and am having problems sending emails. I believe there was a way to clean up my account from the POP3 server. How do I go about doing this. Thanks
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    POP3 is used to receive emails, SMTP is used to send emails. You need to use your hosting companies SMTP server within Outlook Express (if you own a domain name/website) or your current ISPs SMTP server (sometimes even if your email address is with an old ISP, you will be blocked - this is to stop spam happening). This is usually the most likely cause unless you are in a corporate situation?
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you selected the option to keep a copy of messages on the server, you may be over your limit. To clean that up you can either log into your mail server with a web based account and delete email from there, or if you don't have web access you have to clear the check box under your advanced account properties within OE so you don't save a copy on the server.
    All things are possible, only believe.