Options

Microsoft Vs xxxxxx - latest news (May 07)

NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
Hi, all,

Just wanted to share this will all of you:

"Microsoft has reached a settlement with ****, the world’s largest braindump distributor, to immediately cease illegal use of Microsoft Certification exam content. ....Braindump companies provide a “shortcut” to IT certifications by helping people with limited product knowledge and expertise pass IT exams. Ultimately, this devalues the achievements of the many individuals who legitimately passed exams thanks to in-depth study and hands-on technology experience. ....Under the terms of this settlement, **** has agreed to immediately cease marketing, selling, distributing, publishing, reproducing, disseminating, offering or otherwise knowingly transferring in any way any actual Microsoft Certification Exams content. " - trika (MS)

This spells good news for us that work hard for the certs & qual's.

-Ken

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    AWESOME, I hope your right.

Jumped over to their site (at least I think I did) and looks like they are still selling microsoft products. Hope Im wrong though!

nothing pisses me off than bad ethics/morals... icon_twisted.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    link please
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Cessation wrote:
    link please

Here you go :)

Link from MS communications person Trika.

-Ken
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I added a related sticky here: www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23348

I removed some duplicates already, please keep it to this topic and that sticky.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just for addition,

why there are braindumps

IMO - i will 95% not defending a braindump and all its derivatives (the sites, products and the users) - like what has happened now - bad image for the certification programs.

the 5% is share as : supply and demand thing :
    1. the company HR (which 75% of them knows nothing about IT certification) who wants to hire a helpdesk with higher requirements (such as MCSE, RHCE, CCNP etc) but low wages. icon_twisted.gif
    2. so the braindumps see it as opportunity to make easy money. icon_twisted.gif
    3. the people who wants to get easy certification - get easy job. icon_twisted.gif

i feel sorry for them...

recently - it get worst and worst. icon_cry.gif
    a certified person knows nothing about the job - get better deal, doing written exam with no surveillance, etc. that makes the certification programs needs to be defend.icon_cry.gif

many people who honestly get their certification(s), spent lots of time, efforts and money for study - frustrated by this. icon_cry.gif

ps :
    for the recruiters out there,
    please respect the certification program and the honestly certified people icon_cry.gif

just my opinion - no offense.

cheers.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There'll be 10 more ready to jump in and take their place.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    blargoe wrote:
    There'll be 10 more ready to jump in and take their place.

MS are planning their own service if memory serves. Kinda why they started the whole legal attack. Not that I am cynical or anything.
    Kam.