Options

Instaling Windows Vista w/o cd-key

RayzakRayzak Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello ppl.
I purchased Vista Ultimate Retail Full (not Upgrade) on eBay and it will take a while until I get it, I guess Tuesday(maybe).
So I'm thinking now - if I will download it somewhere and install it today w/o using cd-key (that feature was present in Vista RC) will I be able to use my key that will arrive later with my Vista? And is installation w/o cd-key still can be done, or that was a RC thing?

thx.

Comments

• Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Rayzak wrote:
    Hello ppl.
    I purchased Vista Ultimate Retail Full (not Upgrade) on eBay and it will take a while until I get it, I guess Tuesday(maybe).
    So I'm thinking now - if I will download it somewhere and install it today w/o using cd-key (that feature was present in Vista RC) will I be able to use my key that will arrive later with my Vista? And is installation w/o cd-key still can be done, or that was a RC thing?

thx.

yes you can do that... just make sure you get the retail iso... although I'm not even sure if that matters anymore. But I did the same thing while waiting for my express upgrade.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    JDMurray wrote:
    Just.... wow.
    "I connected with my colleagues and learned, unfortunately, we do not have information to share at this time."
    Although, this did give me a good chuckle. icon_lol.gif
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    RayzakRayzak Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I downloaded and installed Vista and shipped cd-key. It gave me 30 days to activate it. Yesterday I received my precious Ultimate Edition. So I entered cd-key from my Vista Box and everything worked.

Working pretty fast and stable. I like it. Great OS.

What about using one copy on couple PC's? I own desktop and laptop - will I be able to install two Vistas with same Cd-key? Did anyone tried it?

PS_- after installing Vista I purchased additional HDD, replaced web cam and bluetooth usb dongle due lack of free space and drivers :)