Options

why C# and asp.net

solarsystemsolarsystem Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hai
i was surfing the jobs websites based on the dotnet .i am able to see only C#and asp.net now i am confused wether i have to learn ab.net or c#.net or asp.net i am just a beginner icon_rolleyes.gif
sohelp to by suggesting which language should i start

thank you

regards

Comments

• Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    hi, These are updates to C, C++ and MS ASP.

SO to your question, Yes i think you should start with ASP.NET (Web Development Language) as it provides a more flexible and Advance feature environment than it's predecessor ASP.

As for C# an object oriented language Linked to the .Net platform successor to C and C++ (More for building desktop applications).
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    solarsystemsolarsystem Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    than what happens to visual basic it doesn't have any future
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    There's C#.NET,C++.NET, VB.NET and ASP.NET all are MS latest release on the ".Net Framework".

here a link for more info.....
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2000/Jun00/CSharpPR.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/training/roadmap/languages.mspx
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    than what happens to visual basic it doesn't have any future
    It is expected that all of the people and businesses using Visual Basic 6 will eventually migrate to Visual Basic 2005. How many new programmers VB.NET will pick up is anybody's guess.
  • Options
    rockrichardrockrichard Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the syntax of vb is more relaxed, maybe too relaxed. for a small project it's probably ok.
    but for a larger project, even by reading the code is painful, not to mention maintaining it.
    C# uses most of the code conventions. If you are a beginner, i guess c# is worth investing time & efforts.
    Cheers,
    Richard
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    hai
    i was surfing the jobs websites based on the dotnet .i am able to see only C# and asp.net now i am confused wether i have to learn ab.net or c#.net or asp.net i am just a beginner icon_rolleyes.gif
    sohelp to by suggesting which language should i start

thank you

regards

C# and VB.Net (and C++ CLI and J#) are just thin layers over the .net framework. Which language you use is actually pretty irrelivant for most of the day-to-day programming you will do. C# has a bigger following because the syntax is almost identical to Java - which has a HUGE following.

My two cents worth:

Learn using VB.net because it will be easer for you to understand code like this:

If car.running= true then
    'Do something
    end if

And once you get familiar with the .net framework and general programming concepts learn C# so you will understand code like this"

if(obj.prop == true)
    {
    //Do something
    }

Also knowing both languages will open more doors for you :)
  • Options
    nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually I started reading both on VB and C#... I kinda like VB better because I feel its more 'English-like'... But C# seems like it is the way to go...