Options

To Frame Or Not To Frame

That is the question.

It is almost a year that i started to study to pass my first cert , CCNA.
Now a year, and three certs later, i have all these beautifull certs just lying there in a box.
I want to put them in a frame, but dont now where to look to buy such frame things.

I'm wondering what do you guys do with your certs?
Do you put them in frames, in a bank safe, or something else.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have all my certs sitting in the folder they came stored in. I have those folders sitting in some box which is where I store a lot of other important stuff such as automobile records, financial records, etc.. I don't keep any of my Comptia wallet cards on me. They are also sitting in the box. The only thing I keep for showing is my latest Microsoft wallet card on me that shows the list of all my Microsoft certifications.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Scattered between various boxes, filing cabinets and desk drawers, I think... icon_scratch.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    I framed some of my first ones, but I've got a backlog of remaining certs yet to frame and hang on the wall. We're in the process of moving right now so I'm not going to bother with it right now but once we get moved and I get my new office set up, I'll hang 'em all.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I have made a copy of all my certs and framed the copies on the wall by my desk at work... Seems to be a common thing for people to do where I work....
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    I did some looking around at the local 99 cent stores and discovered that inexpensive, nice looking frames for institutional certificates were all over the place. So all of my certs are framed and on the wall for a total cost of just under $20US. Walmart also has some very basic black frames with glass for $2US too.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I have made a copy of all my certs and framed the copies on the wall by my desk at work... Seems to be a common thing for people to do where I work....

Yep, I do that too. If you frame a copy and display it in the light after a while it will start to fade (the same will happen to anything paper based), the originals I keep in a folder and make more copies when required.

-Ken
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was almost sure this was going to be a topic about whether or not to use frame relay.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Mishra wrote:
    I was almost sure this was going to be a topic about whether or not to use frame relay.

Yup, I always frame my Certs at Layer 2 (One layer is physical, the protective glass; while the other is a nice, healthy layer of ego and gloating, which is really more of a Logical Loudmouth Cover). JDMurray's idea of buying some cheapo frames from Wally World is a good idea, as is NinjaBoy's idea of framing copies and putting the originals in a folder somewhere, so they won't fade.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Man... I need to hit the dollar store! I've been getting my frames for $4.99.....
  • Options
    pbradishpbradish Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I frame and hang each certification in my home office next to my degree. No matter how "easy" others seem to say each one is they were a challenge for me so I am proud of passing.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    I stick all my certificates into my original CV. I scan them into my PC just after I get them and can use these to make copies for job applications.