Options

config not being saved

DeliriousDelirious Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I started setting up my 2509 today as a remote access server and when i got done with the config i used "copy run start" and then "sh startup-config" to make sure it was saved.

When i powered down the router and later on in the day returned to it i was greeted with a prompt asking wethere i wanted to run the initial config, and sure enough the config had reset.

Is there any reason in particular why it would be doing this? it has 8/8 mem/flash and IOS version 12.0.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You may have the configuration register set to a value to ignore the startup config (like for password recovery) -- 0x2142

If you boot and do a "show version" the last line will tell you the value of of your configuration register.

Try setting it to 0x2102 if it isn't already there.

If that was your problem -- you can either do a reload to test it (don't save any new config over your old saved config)..... or do a copy start run if you want to test the reload later and use your terminal now for something else (assuming that your configuration is still safely stored as the startup config).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DeliriousDelirious Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good call mike, thats what it was icon_redface.gif