Options

Crazy mouse....need some input

prettyslickprettyslick Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been working on an HP Pavillion 6730, Celeron 600,256mb originally
had Win98, but I upgraded it to Win2000 Pro. The mouse is driving me nuts. It intermittently freezes up when the system boots up. It doesn't doe it every time, I will work fine for a day or two than start again. I've swapped out the mouse, re-installed the driver, verified that the bios
setting for the OS was Win98/200, tried the PS/2 settings in bios as
auto detect and enabled and the mouse still freezes up every now and then. HP is no help because they don't recommend/support Win2000
for this PC and the bios changes were posted on Microsfts site. Any input and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    ah... there's this nice mouse-trap that....

oops. sorry... ur talking about those small gadgets with the long tail-like wires on the back that seem not to attract the cats uh? icon_lol.gif Never had problems with computer mice. There's this problem that happens to the ball inside the mouse. If you're not using a mouse pad, it sort of stores all the dust it can collect for your own disposal.... icon_cry.gif you'll have to clean it periodically or just feed it to the cats and buy an optical mouse. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    prettyslickprettyslick Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's not the mouse itself, I already checked that. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    I've been working on an HP Pavillion 6730, Celeron 600,256mb originally
    had Win98, but I upgraded it to Win2000 Pro.

HP is no help because they don't recommend/support Win2000
    for this PC

perhaps the motherboard is not 100% compatible with win2k. have you tried it with xp?
    A+ Moderator