Sitting 219 on Wednesday!

Well, in a little less than a week I will get to see for myself "first hand" how the case Study exam format really works in the exam environment.... I'm sure it is a bit different the the Syngress Practice exam on the CD that came with the book....

I have mixed feelings at the moment about how ready I actually am for this exam.... But I do have some time still to study, failing that, I do have my exam insurance.

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck. It looks like you will finish before me. I'm pushing my exam back until after vacation.

I'm not sure how good this last minute advice is since I took the exam back on '03.

If you haven't spent a lot of time with the Domain Migration Cookbook, go back and read through it a couple of more times. I swear the exam writers had to use that as a primary source for the test.

I found the MS Readiness Review book to be a good representation on how the actuall exam was setup. Not saying the questions and scenerios were the same, but the format itself.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks! So far for preparing, I have the Syngress book and a Sybex exam prep book.... I got them both for $5. That coupled with hands-on experience, I'm hoping will be enough to pass.

Which exam are you pushing back?
    216. I will probably take it at the end of June.
    Andy

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Mega! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    ajs1976 wrote:
    216. I will probably take it at the end of June.

Good deal! Best of luck to you! I had a ton of DNS, DDNS and DHCP questions.... After that I was hit with RRAS and WINS.

Thank you everyone! I will certainly give it my all!
    Good luck today
    Andy

Thanks! I leave for the testing center in about 20 minutes! I'm starting to get a bit nervous!

The thing that is messing with me is that I am not doing so hot on the practice exams from Syngress and transcenders but when I read through my books it all looks like overlap and review to me! I read it and go... Yeah, I remember that! Sigh.....

I just have to go with my gut feeling
    Well.... Looks like I will be finally putting an Exam insurance voucher to use!

I failed this one.... Unfortunately, no matter how much I told myself that I was ready for it, I knew I just did not put in the study time I should have...

Well... I have one more book to read and I will be waiting a couple weeks before taking the exam again.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that...

I have a mint-condition never used Exam Cram 70-219 that's yours if you want it, no charge at all. I need to start cleaning out my bookshelf for newer stuff. PM me if you want...
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • NajarNajar Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which scenarios came in ur 219 exam .. i am taking it in a few weeks

please let me know
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. Good to hear you have a 2nd book to read. Read that and you'll definitely pass the next time. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote:
    Sorry to hear. Good to hear you have a 2nd book to read. Read that and you'll definitely pass the next time. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks! I will be posting soon after getting home from the testing center next week.

I only have 2 chapters left to read in the Exam Cram book that sprkymrk sent me. Which, by the way, I am finding to be of greater value to me than the Sybex book I had been reading.