Options

Passed!

atomicstardustatomicstardust Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
First post, but, passed with a 729. Not the greatest, but not by the skin of my teeth either. A lot more difficult than I thought. I took dozens of different practice tests, but the real thing was a lot more tricky.

There was a great deal more Novell and Apple than expected!

Enjoying a nice cold Becks to celebrate.

Comments

• Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    The actual exams are always harder or tricker than the practice tests. Congrats on the pass! What is your next certification?

Regards,

Jon

:D
  • Options
    Thanks!

I was thinking either i-Net+, Securty+, or something completely different, Linux+.
  • Options
    netx_techexnetx_techex Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I recommend you to go for the Security+ certification. You'll learn maybe the most by studying for this cert.
    ...currently working as a web developer using PHP, MySQL & JavaScript - what the hell did I get all those shiny certs hanging on my wall for?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations and welcome! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    I recommend you to go for the Security+ certification.
    That would cover you for those pesky electives in the MS Certs.... the A+ and Network+ for the MCSA, right?.

Is Security+ an elective or "specialization" for the MCSE?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First post, but, passed with a 729. Not the greatest, but not by the skin of my teeth either. A lot more difficult than I thought. I took dozens of different practice tests, but the real thing was a lot more tricky.

There was a great deal more Novell and Apple than expected!

Enjoying a nice cold Becks to celebrate.

A-lot of posts on here warn you about lots of Apple/Unix and Novell questions.
    Today when I was studying at Barn N Noble Chapter 7 Network Operating systems, I learned alot. Example: NetWare includes a number of utilites that will allow you to manage all facets of the NetWare environment,from creating and managing usersers in eDirectory to managing netware services such as the Apache Web Server
    Some of the common tools that you'll use to manage a NetWare server are as follows:

1. iManager- A Web-based utlity used to manage your Netware server environment,set up and configure eDirectory abd create eDirectory objects,and to configure network services

2. ConsoleOne- A java-based tool that allows you to manage the eDirectory in the NetWare server resources ( though iManager is the preferred tool for performing these tasks.

3. NetWare Remote Manager A browser-based tool that you can use to manage your NetWare server from a remote location,includeing monitoring your servers's health or performing diagnostics or troubleshooting

4. Remote Server Managment: A Java-based tool that allows for remote managment from a remote workstation.

These are just a few of the tools stated in my book. I also got a book on Unix a few days ago.
    I think anyone who is going to take the test should hit Unix and Linux Hard. If you follow the Exam Objectives you should be fine.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    mgmguy1 wrote:
    ...I think anyone who is going to take the test should hit Unix and Linux Hard. If you follow the Exam Objectives you should be fine.

Luckily I run both Linux and Windows at home, so the UNIX/Linux questions were a peace of cake. I read up on Novell as much as I could, but some of it just seems so different from Windows it's hard to memorize all of it.
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Luckily I run both Linux and Windows at home, so the UNIX/Linux questions were a peace of cake. I read up on Novell as much as I could, but some of it just seems so different from Windows it's hard to memorize all of it.[/quote]

Yea me too, I have Windows XP and Sabayon Linux. This weeked I plan to install either Gentoo 2007 DVD or Mandrvia 2007 DVD. After I take the Network Plus test I am going to Study for my Linux Plus Test then go to a MS cert.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157