Options

Question...From 70-270 to 70-271

Has anyone taken the 70-270 and then the 70-271? If so, how was your experience? Meaning was it easier to study for since much of the material is similar to if not the same. My ultimate goal is MCSA but at my work, you get a pay increase for certain certifications and mcdst is on the list...so if I can pick that up along the way to mcsa without wasting too much time then i'm all for it.

I've got lots of experience with ms office applications so the 70-272 should be no problem.

i'll be taking the 70-270 in about 2 hours and if I can book the 70-271 in a week or two that would be sweet.

update:

I totally tanked 270 with something like a 406 or some other really ridiculosly low score...lol.

I tried to take the test on my lunch break (big mistake...and it was my first MS test)
I thought I was doing pretty good on time after about the 5th or 6th question, I looked at my watch and had 5 minutes to get back to work and like 50 more questions to go...lol

oh did I mention that I just started the job a couple of weeks before...lol...not good.

I ended up trying to speed my way through the rest of the questions with out tanking too horribly. Another hour later I finally finish with a crappy score and possibly looking for a new job...lol.

Needless to say that I was pretty nervous about walking back in the office...lol...turns out that noone was there when I got back and people had been in and out so noone had any idea that I was gone for so long. I ended up telling my boss just to be on the safe side, and she mentioned that I would have to wait until after the 90 day period for the benefits to kick in, so if I wanted to be reimbursed for the test, or to get a pay raise after I get the mcp, or to get the bonus check after I pass then I would have to wait...maybe it's a good thing that I failed, I would have cost myself a bunch of money if I had passed.

I got back to the books but I can't take the test for another month and a half...I think that I'm gonna set it up so that I take the 270 one day, take the 271 a few days after that, and then take the 272 a few days after that, so hopefully I can get pay raises for mcp and mcdst as well as bonus checks for both all withing the span of a week or two.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It has been awhile since I have taken 270 and 271 but from what I remember 271 is easier than 270. When you pass 270 you could probably just look at the 271 objectives, brush up on your weak areas and take the exam with no problem. Good luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2