Options

Failed upgrade 70-292...

tibultibul Member Posts: 240
Well whent for the exam and sadly i failed, although im a little annoyed at the wording of the exam (worse than the other MS exams i've taken) and also the fact that i got questions that wasen't even in the study objectives for the exam e.g. questions on ipsec.

but other then that i got alot of questions on terminal services, alot on group memberships and IIS etc, supprisingly i got very few on DNS and thats the area i study hard for also the funny thing was on the practice exams i took before going for the real exam i was scoring on average 85%+ on the area of DNS but on the actual exam i got less than 50% but did really well in the other areas of the objectives that i wasent doing so well with on practice exam's icon_eek.gif

My study materials were 2 years of experiance managing server 2003 at work, 2 months of study for the perticular exam using the microsoft study book, sybex book, techexams.net, cramsession guide, all CBT Nugget videos for 292, lots of practice questions and 3 virtual 2003 servers to lab on.
Studying 70-292.
Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.

Comments

• Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    Sorry to hear that. It is a beast of an exam. Better luck next time. It sounds like you have a good arsenal of study materials.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    djabudjabu Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey,

sorry to hear that you didn't make it. after reading your posts i'm like reconsidering myself of whether to do this exam. i've very limited commercial exp but at the moment studying the ms press book and watchin cbt nuggets. taking it slowly as i know you have to knwo all the concepts thoroughly for this. it took me nearly 6 months for ISA 2004 exam. only god know whether ever i will do this exam and manage to pass!