Options

Was it a test??

emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey guys,
Just went for an interview. The interview was actually over, when the HR person asked "Would you be willing to take a part-time position?. Should i read anything into this. For example: did she ask me this to see if i was desperate(which i am)for a job. Or maybe did she put that question in at the end because she had already made her mind up not to give me the position i was applying for. I cant do anything about it anyway, but i have been out of a job for awhile and was hoping that some "hiring people" could tell me what that meant or did it mean nothing.
I know i wouldnt have asked someone this unless I was already considering not hiring the person for the actual full time position. thanks for any imput
lungsucker.jpg

Comments

• Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    From my limited experience, interviewers ask that question if they actually do have part-time positions open. Yes, I agree that is a prefect way to basically say, "Get out of my office; we don't want you here." However, they may actually be attempting kindness and offering you a fall-back if your application falls through. If they can't place you in the full-time position, they might want to place you in the part-time one.
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson