Options

Newbie looking for good advice

merlin73merlin73 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

Studied CCNA 640-507 and passed all semesters with certificates but never ended up taking the final exam due to change of job etc. I am now looking to take the final exam but need to know what books to buy and i understand that format of the exams have changed to a 2 part system, which route would you advise?

I will basically be starting from scratch all over again so any advice would be greatfully appreciated, regards in advance.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Just because someone else is gonna do it:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    iproute wrote:
    Just because someone else is gonna do it:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268

icon_lol.gif thats true....

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. It just depends on what you want to do. If you think you can learn, retain, and implement all the knowledge covered in the CCNA, then take the one test.

If you would rather break it up and study more material and answer like 80 questions instead of 40, then do that. (not exactly sure how many questions are on the single test but you get my point)

The two test route will go more in depth because you have to answer twice as many questions to get the cert. you may see this as a good thing because more in depth gives you a more firm foundation to grow upon.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    merlin73merlin73 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanyou for the quick response, i think i would stand more of a chance if i carried the exam out in 2 pieces. Would you recommend any particular books so that i can get them on order?
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco press hands down....there are other books out there that are good, but if you want to be absolutely sure that the book you have will provide you with all the knowledge you need to pass the test, then get the Cisco Press Intro and ICND books.

If you are looking ahead for advanced cisco certs, then you will need to get used to Cisco press' writing style.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!