Options

Issue with Switch

kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
Hey guys, I've been trying to search online for troubleshooting stuff on a 2924-XL switch i bought on ebay. I hooked it up for a few minutes day one to make sure it works and it ran with no issues. Last night i hooked up all of my routers and switches together at the same time and i noticed the 2924 kept resetting itself or powering off and powering back on. When it did that all of the lights on the switch would just keep flashing...it would be good for a few min then do it again. It was pretty sparatic. I did switch power cords. Any thoughts as to what is going on or is that thing fried?

Kareem

Comments

• Options
    larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    when you console to the switch do any log messages post to the console?
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • Options
    I honestly forgot...I'll need to go home and look at it. I was a little out of it last night battling the flu.
  • Options
    was just checking this out. I can't even have this thing power up long enough to get to log in screen. Now it's just flashing random lights at me. Everything seems to be passing POST just find and then this device just dies out. I've tried different power sources.
  • Options
    Not sure if this means anything but when it craps out or trying to power up i get these these little 3 horizontal lines on the screen. It's kind of weird.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would try to give the CCNP guys a shout. It seems that not many people in the CCNA forum are comfortable with internal hardware issues. Try to google your problem, maybe someone out there has had the same issues.

I would try buying a new powersupply or switch power supplies with another switch.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!