Hello...and some advice..

DannybearDannybear Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Have just signed up to this site, i am a 1st line support operative for a IT Support company, supporting over 50 companies networks across Essex and London...

Will be reading over the Microsoft technotes over the next few weeks.

Now, i have a question..I was wondering if anyone knew of a free ftp site? Reason i ask, i only have my laptop at the moment, but would like to see if i can upload some files to a free ftp server to be able to access over the web while i am out and about?

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the site. If you use firefox and gmail, there is an addon that will transform your gmail space into a file store. You can check it out here.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • DannybearDannybear Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Unfortunatly, i use neither...although i would like a free pop3 email account that i can forward my work mail out to and download using outlook express.

I take it i can use the gspace within I.E?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    There are many free FTP server packages that you can install on your local computer to test FTP uploading and downloading on your LAN. I use Home FTP Server for local FTP testing.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what about something simple like a usb pen stick :p
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • DannybearDannybear Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    USB would be simple yes but....if i'm in Essex and someone needs to access a file who is on a customer site in Liverpool maybe a bit difficult.

Was mainly to satisfy my own curiosity thats all.