Options

Retakes rules???

gundamgundam Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm about to take the Network+ exam within the next few weeks for the 3rd time after waiting for the 30day cool down period. I'm a nervous test taker when it comes to these things even though i study my butt off. But i was wondering, comptia saids something in their rules waiting 12 calander months in their rules which has been confusing me. Does this mean if i don't pass for the 3rd time i'll have to wait a whole year be4 i can retake it or do i just wait another 30days before i can retake it. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    gundam wrote:
    I'm about to take the Network+ exam within the next few weeks for the 3rd time after waiting for the 30day cool down period. I'm a nervous test taker when it comes to these things even though i study my butt off. But i was wondering, comptia saids something in their rules waiting 12 calander months in their rules which has been confusing me. Does this mean if i don't pass for the 3rd time i'll have to wait a whole year be4 i can retake it or do i just wait another 30days before i can retake it. Thanks for the help.
    You can take the test twice contiguously but you have to wait 30-days between the first two and your third attempt. From there on in, it appears that you can do the whole cycle over again on your third attempt. So, you can take your fourth right after your third (hopefully you will not need that). Here's CompTIA's Retake Policy - http://certification.comptia.org/resources/retake_policy.aspx .
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 12 month wait is for when you pass the test.... and decide to take it again for fun :D
    before any candidate's third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass any CompTIA certification test, such candidate shall be required to wait for a period of at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of such candidate's last attempt to pass such test.
    Since you're on try number 3 now, it looks like you get 30 days study time between attempts now until you pass.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    gundamgundam Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the help, i was just worried because after the 1st paragraph of the rules. i saw them put this in the rules....
    "IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE PASSES A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST - RETAKE POLICY:
    In the event that any candidate passes any CompTIA certification test, such candidate shall be required to wait for a period of twelve (12) calendar months before retaking the same CompTIA certification test, unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test"

i just wasnt sure what that really ment so that freaked me out a little because i just thought it ment if i didn't make it the 3rd time i was going to have to wait a year. if you know what it means or someone else would know it be nice to have it clarified on that paragraph of the rules.
  • Options
    jahman182jahman182 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Base on what I have read "If you PASS a CompTia test you have to wait for 1 year before you can take that same test again unless "CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test" within that same 12 month period.

So if the test objectives (questions etc) have been changed before the next 12 month period ends that is the only way you can sit the same exam again if you had passed it previously. If you FAIL then different rules apply.