Options

Why are the exams so expensive?

Carson_MageCarson_Mage Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok so today i came into training and received my A+ certification kit, i opened the letter to receive a flimsy(flimsy is an understatement) certification card and a piece of paper for a certificate. My questions is why do people have to pay £/$200+ for two exams to receive this(luckily for me my training company paid for the exam)? I mean come guys, its hardly worth that much is it?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I thought the same when I saw my first Comptia card. I don't even think it's still in one piece. No matter, you're not paying for the flimsy(understated) card, or the piece of paper. What you're paying for is someone to test your knowledge of a particular subject (i.e. A+). If you prove you know your stuff by passing the exam administered, you may claim the title A+. And don't feel bad about A+, it's one of the cheapest certs to get. Network+ is around $150, Security+ is over $200, MCSA/MCSE is between $450 and $800, and CCIE can cost you over $2000. Yes, CCIE is very advanced, but you get the picture. The more you know, the more you pay. You should consider yourself lucky someone else is paying for you.
    i remain, he who remains to be....