Exchange issues....

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
So I have two offices, one in each of the buildings I work in. If I check my mail in Office A, I see whatever is new, sort, delete, etc...I then walk over to Office B, and I see the same emails, unchecked, unsorted, and I have to do it again. The same thing happens when I'm in one office, book an appointment in Outlook, and then go to other office. It does not show up, and I wind up missing it.

I checked with the Exchange guy here, and he had me:

check my settings, all were correct...(only one mailbox per employee)
reset my account, still no better....
run outlook /cleanfreebusy to clear calender conflicts, still no good....
delete / recreate my personal folder, which is stored on a different server, still no better....

We use Server 2003, and XP client.

Any ideas, because it drives me crazy having to go through my emails twice....... icon_evil.gif
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cached Exchange Mode or Online? Are both clients open at the same time?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think it uses cached exchange mode...it automatically checks when Outlook starts. I close Outlook when I leave the office, so no, both are not usually open at the same time....
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are your messages and calendar in your Exchange Mailbox, or a personal foilders (.pst) file? If you're using personal folders, you are probably working from two different files!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    That's what my exchange admin said, but I removed the personal folder itself completely, and it still happens. I know my mail is going to my mailbox on the exchange server.....
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You might try deleting your outlook.ost file on both computers (that's OST not PST). Then make sure Outlook is not using cached mode.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    I just switched off from cached exchange mode. I guess that's the default gere, and I think it worked. I made a dummy appointment on my calender, went to the other office, and it was there.....keeping fingers crossed....