What music do you listen to?

NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
I noticed when i troubleshoot networks i love listenning to Techno or D`n`B it makes me think faster.
What kind of music do you like to listen to when working??
What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
- 70-270 -

Comments

• eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    acid jazz
    jazz fusion
    contemporary jazz
    traditional jazz

All dat jazz!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Classical - and only at low volume. Anything else is too distracting. That's why coffee shops or book stores are favorite places for me to study. Okay, the coffee is another reason, but the ambiance is nice.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    None. I like to have no music if others are around.

Rock, when I am by myself locked in a room.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    None. Couldn't hear it anyway over the turbine engine roar of all the equipment exhaust fans. And even when I work from home, I have a cat that sounds like a Cesna when it purrs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Classical
    Pink Floyd
    Punk

really just depends on my mood ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mostly Rock
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Another vote for rock here. icon_thumright.gif

But not when im studying, quieter the better.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    None. Couldn't hear it anyway over the turbine engine roar of all the equipment exhaust fans. And even when I work from home, I have a cat that sounds like a Cesna when it purrs.

That made me lol. I can relate to the loud cat purr because my little black cat purrs like a madman, he also breathes like darth vader bless him.

Music? Anything, and i mean anything.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Usually nothing.....

There are times when I have to run a presure sealer to fold and seal water and tax bills. The machine itself is loud! I will sometimes put on some headphones and drown out the noise..... When I do that, It's usually hard rock.... Note my name :)

When studying, it has to be quiet.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For work it's mostly the likes of Paul Oakenfold (lighter more melodic techno anyway, a bit more upbeat than chillout but less than hardcore). For Home lab work a mix of that and indie(ish) rock - Muse, Mutemath, Sisters of Mercy etc. For study usually instrumental stuff (Mike Oldfield, Jeremy Soule (a game composer)). My little Cowon A20 is a valued part of my tool kit :D.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • motherwolfmotherwolf Member Posts: 117
    Having grown up in Seattle in the early 90's it was nothing but Nirvana, AIC, Soundgarden and the like. Man those were some great bands, don't make 'em like that anymore. Now it's a bit tougher to find a good band these days but I have managed to find a few: Kings of Leon, Silversun Pickups, Wolfmother, BRMC, The Black Angels. But only when not studying icon_wink.gif
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It seems like most people listen to music when not studying. Personally, I listen to music the most when I study. It helps block out everything else and I am able to concentrate a lot more on the material when I have some rock band yelling in my ear. Weird eh?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    None when I am studying but when I work I have to have music. Mainly Indie rock, traditional jazz, and Dave Matthews Band.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Having grown up in Seattle in the early 90's it was nothing but Nirvana, AIC, Soundgarden and the like. Man those were some great bands, don't make 'em like that anymore. Now it's a bit tougher to find a good band these days but I have managed to find a few: Kings of Leon, Silversun Pickups, Wolfmother, BRMC, The Black Angels. But only when not studying

Ever hear of the Drive-By Truckers? Good band. A friend of has compared them somewhat to Kings of Leon, I think...
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Rap...straight Hip Hop. Tupac was a poet. They don't rap like they used to.

"Now everybody sound the same, commercialized the game."
    ~Nas

There's a few good ones still out there tho.

Hip Hop ain't dead.
    Working on Linux+
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    If I'm writing software then I like to listen to AM talk radio or podcasts. If I'm writing prose (paper for school, blog articles, etc.) then I prefer any instrumental music that I'm in the mood for (e.g., classic rock, 70's electronic, 20th century classical, movie soundtracks). I can't write prose and listen to sung or spoken words at the same time, as it's really distracting to my brain. Music with singing/speaking in languages that my brain can't process, such as contemporary Indian or Hawaiian music, is OK.
  • GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
    royal wrote:
    Personally, I listen to music the most when I study. Weird eh?

That is indeed verry weird royal, when i study i really need complete silence.

At work i like to listen to soundtracks, today i listened to the soundtrack of "Les Triplettes De Belleville", a french animation-movie, really great soundtrack and superb movie.
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    > Reggea
    >Hip hop
    >pop
    >R & B
    >Gospel
    icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
    stonecold26.jpg
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doro Pesch
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    RussS wrote:
    Doro Pesch
    OK, I had to look *that* one up on the Wikipedia: Doro Pesch

Still rockin' strong at 43? Du tust es jetzt, Mädchen!
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4940341
    Acrassicauda. Shame they're stuck in a country where they have little to no chance of recording an album.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only music I ever listen to is while I am in my SUV...can't concentrate if music is going on in the background.

With that said, my favorite band EVER would have to be Sublime.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)