Options

wireless access point

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
i did something i thought was pretty cool today.

plugged a wireless access point into my 2950 switch gave it an ip and can now telnet from the windows command prompt to it and the rest of the lab without the need of a console cable, no really need to do it but i can sit in a different room now so i don't have to listen to the noise they all make :P
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    jvaxjvax Member Posts: 117
    Good for you man icon_thumright.gif

BTW, is it a Cisco AP?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
    Man, the Cisco wireless stuff is so cool. We have 300 access points, centrally managed by 4 controllers, with a location server to show coverage areas and even client locations on campus maps, and WCS to provide overall control of the whole thing. It's really nice to have the controllers deal with everything instead of having to manually configure APs. Just install them in the field and put them in the right subnet.
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no i just found a belkin one lying round the house put that in there, I uses a web configurer, bit of a pain!

do the cisco ac's use a simular IOS to the routers and switches? i wonder
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hope you have that thing locked down.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
    do the cisco ac's use a simular IOS to the routers and switches? i wonder

If you have them working autonomously, they do. If you have them controlled by the cisco controllers and control system, you can pretty much only view configurations at the console. You can't configure anyhthing.
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.