Options

Passed Today.

BPM_33BPM_33 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D

I got a 900. icon_lol.gif

I mostly used the Sybex book, the Technotes PDF (really helpful icon_exclaim.gif ), glanced a bit at the TestOut course, and setup a few home networks to get more practice.

If you're going to be taking the test soon: know the OSI Model, the various troubleshooting utilities and the protocols (TCP/IP based, security, and remote).

Didn't have much on ports & cable lengths but of course your exam will vary.

Just know the objectives and you'll do fine.

Now, I'm going to be taking a slight break & then come back to get the MCP leading into the MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    WOW! Perfect score..... Congrats!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What? no CCNA!? icon_wink.gif

Cheers and good luck
    -prophet-
  • Options
    -prophet- wrote:
    What? no CCNA!? icon_wink.gif

icon_lol.gif

I thought about CCNA but I want to go the Microsoft path first & see where that takes me.

BTW, for those that use the Sybex book as I did don't bother w/ the test on the CD-ROM. Those questions were poorly written & really do not reflect the actual Network+ test.

The questions in the book, on the other hand, do so use them.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    renilcerymrenilcerym Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BPM_33 wrote:
    I thought about CCNA but I want to go the Microsoft path first & see where that takes me.

BTW, for those that use the Sybex book as I did don't bother w/ the test on the CD-ROM. Those questions were poorly written & really do not reflect the actual Network+ test.

The questions in the book, on the other hand, do so use them

Do you mean the practice exams on the cd-rom? I've been trying some of the practice exams and they look and feel like they were written by someone who had nothing to do with the book. I think quite a few of the questions on the practice exams were off too. I'm going to be taking my test on the first week of july and I don't want to waste my time on study material that isn't worth it.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Impressive score with the Network+! :D Congratulations.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job on the exam.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    renilcerym wrote:
    Do you mean the practice exams on the cd-rom? I've been trying some of the practice exams and they look and feel like they were written by someone who had nothing to do with the book. I think quite a few of the questions on the practice exams were off too. I'm going to be taking my test on the first week of july and I don't want to waste my time on study material that isn't worth it.

Yes. The questions in the book are great & really reflect the material but the CD is just horrendous.

It was definitely done by someone else. If you're on a budget and can't get any more practice questions besides the one's in the book then just head on down to Barnes & Noble. Bring pen & paper w/ you & do the questions from some of the other Network+ books they have.

Oh and take the practice test from this site:

http://techexams.net/pexams.php