Options

Advice please cisco boys (and girls?)...

mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
Right, I'm revising for my full CCNA. Finished the academy. I've got the

CCNA 1 & 2 Companion Guide and accompanying software/test engines
CCNA 3 & 4 Companion Guide and accompanying software/test engines
Todde Lammel Fast Pass and accompanying software/test engines
CCNA FLASH Cards book and accompanying software/test engines
All my Academy notes...

I'm just after a little advice as to how to tackle this beast of a task I've got ahead of me in cramming my head with all that's required to pass the CCNA. Obviously Semester 4 is still quite clear in my head, semester 3 is a little hazy and quite a lot of INTRO stuff is gone. I was going to go over the intro stuff again a couple of times taking notes and exams to find what I'm not 100% clear with. I was thinking once I've got new, clear notes on the intro I should just start going through my notes for all four semesters day-in, day-out.

I've taken a full (practice) CCNA twice now using the flash cards exam engine and hit 70 and 73% each time. I think it's the INTRO basic stuff that's causing me a lot of grief. Should I just keep plugging away and then when I start hitting in the 90% consistently, put myself in for the CCNA?

Does anyone know of any free test CCNA exam papers with answers that I can download (with questions that are relevant to the current CCNA)?

Anyone know of any great sources of condensed study material that are to the point (eg bullet points rather than pages and pages of info)?

Just any help/advice in general would be greatly appreciated as I'm finding it hard to plan for this.

Cheers boys (and girls) to anyone who replies...

Matt icon_wink.gif
Matt of England

Comments

• Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    mattipler wrote:
    I've taken a full (practice) CCNA twice now using the flash cards exam engine and hit 70 and 73% each time. I think it's the INTRO basic stuff that's causing me a lot of grief. Should I just keep plugging away and then when I start hitting in the 90% consistently, put myself in for the CCNA?

Do you mean just keep taking the practice test until you get a 90%? That won't work because all you'll end up doing is memorizing the answers. Cisco's website has a CCNA prep center with some resources and practice tests.
  • Options
    Cheers mate I'll check that out. icon_wink.gif

I don't plan on taking the exact same exam over and over therefore memorising the answers. I want to take various different practice exams and when my results start hitting 90+ then put myself in for the CCNA.

Anyone else have any input? :)
    Matt of England
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    mattiplier,

Go back to http://cisco.netacad.net , login, and review Semester 1 and Semester 2 curriculum materials.
  • Options
    You must be a comedian right? Funny guy.
    Matt of England
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mattipler wrote:
    You must be a comedian right? Funny guy.

Why would he be kidding? You said you've lost much of the INTRO material so he's suggesting you review it, and even provided you a valid way of doing so.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Turning on my pc, double-clicking on internet-explorer, typing www.cisco.net\netacad... loggin into the Netacad and reading Sem 1 and 2 again had already occured to me believe it or not. He was taking the p*ss being sarcastic. Forget it... I was asking if anyone had any constructive advice but if all I'm going to get dry, sarcastic responses I'd rather you don't bother.
    Matt of England