Options

Just wondering..............

DieselGirlDieselGirl Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
How many here have taken the exams and have never touched a Windows 2003 environment in real life?

Comments

• Options
    BamboozelBamboozel Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have about a month of experience on WIN XP pro and just took the 70-270. I passed with a 700 doh, that is the minimum BTW. I will be taking 70-290 and 70-291 without using Server 2003. Honestly the books and practice tests I used did not cover anything that was on the 70-270. My advice is to either use alot of sources as study guides or actually get some hands on. You can download Server 2003 on a trial version and slap it onto a Virtual PC.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I can't believe someone would ask such a question....if youre asking because you dont have any...I recommend using it before taking an exam.

You need experience to pass exams simple as that, at home or professionally hands down you need it.

I personally would never consider taking an exam without having time to learn the environment with hands-on....I say don't even bother until you do!

Otherwise you'll be a paper MCSE/MCSA...I could say most likley no one aside from people who **** has taken a MS exam w/o actually having experience in the environment.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DieselGirl wrote:
    How many here have taken the exams and have never touched a Windows 2003 environment in real life?

If you mean someone with MCP/MCSA and only have experience with Windows Server 2000/2003 in a lab environment then there are probably several. Getting your MCSE without a decent amount of IT experience is usually frowned upon by some employers.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm considering the MCSA route but have only limited server experience. I want to learn more and would like to be fully prepared by both book and hands on exp w/ Server 2K3. Where should I start? Whats the deal with the Virtual PC? From my understanding, you can run a session of Server 2K3 from an XP / Vista PC? Would this be the best the best route? I wish I could have a mini lab at home to play, but don't see that as an option ( for now ).
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg