Options

Back to the basics

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
Okay quick and easy.

If a bridge, not a switch, is connected to a router and that bridge has two hubs conected to it. Is that 2 collision domains or 3?

Todd says 2 I say 3. Todd says the two segments that the hubs are on are the only 2 collision domains. I say what about the line from the bridge to the router. Isn't that a collision domain as well???????
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    Okay quick and easy.

If a bridge, not a switch, is connected to a router and that bridge has two hubs conected to it. Is that 2 collision domains or 3?

Todd says 2 I say 3. Todd says the two segments that the hubs are on are the only 2 collision domains. I say what about the line from the bridge to the router. Isn't that a collision domain as well???????

As with switches, bridges create a seperate collision domain for each connected node/device. I dont have lamelles books so unfortunately I can't interpret the example. But from what your saying yes it would be 3. Check the books IBAN number and check for errata on their site or something.

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.