Options

how are question on 302?

puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
i take the 301 the last week. (my score is 609) but i very confused, beacouse the 301 have more objective, and 302 have less objective.
also what is the equivalent of 505 pass score? are 70% or 60%. or if have 100 question, less not count question what is the minimun to pass? 60 good question?thanks.
HOLD:
Comptia A+
Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
MCSA...75%
CCENT....0%
70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
MCITP
ORACLE

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    i take the 301 the last week. (my score is 609) but i very confused, beacouse the 301 have more objective, and 302 have less objective.
    also what is the equivalent of 505 pass score? are 70% or 60%. or if have 100 question, less not count question what is the minimun to pass? 60 good question?thanks.

Congratulations on passing 1 of the 2 exams.

I'm not clear on what you are looking for? The objectives are a guide to the areas of knowledge being tested. Doesn't matter if there are more or less from one discipline to another...you will need to know ALL for the particular exam you are schedule for prior to scheduling your exam.

There is no equivalent percentage for passing or failing. The point scale is between 100-900 points and the passing score is set by the vendor (CompTIA) and in this case is 505 points. No one knows how it is scored. There is nothing magical about it. Know your objectives and you should do fine.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:

Congratulations on passing 1 of the 2 exams.

I'm not clear on what you are looking for? The objectives are a guide to the areas of knowledge being tested. Doesn't matter if there are more or less from one discipline to another...you will need to know ALL for the particular exam you are schedule for prior to scheduling your exam.

There is no equivalent percentage for passing or failing. The point scale is between 100-900 points and the passing score is set by the vendor (CompTIA) and in this case is 505 points. No one knows how it is scored. There is nothing magical about it. Know your objectives and you should do fine.

Thanks. i try to explain(sorry for my english), 301 have more objective, but the passing score is 515, i think that while higher the passing score are "easy". the 302 have only 4, but is 505, are hard? my surprise in 301, are not question relate to IRQ for example, what IRQ # is assigment for LPT2. and only one to POST. i found more question about, Customer say..., Customer have a question about..., Customer talk about ... . is the same in 302 may be have a only one question about command prompt? thanks Plantwiz

i have more question:
    1.my source of study: the book and 150 question in the book of total seminar. and Measure UP. also from some material in the web, are suficient?
    2.when select Safe mode, and when select Last K Config.?
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Whether or not 1, 2 or 50 sources are sufficient for ones study depends on how well you understand the material.

With CompTIA exams the focus should be on following their Objectives and KNOWING all sites of bullet point. The better you understand the material the more prepared you'll be to answer a variety of questions.

The more experience you have using this knowledge will make answering questions and possibly even catching 'trick' questions designed to throw off an inexperienced person.

You've already passed one exam, so I'm guessing you have a grasp of the knowledge required?? Continue studying how you have been it apparently has worked for you on your first exam.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?