Options

Another 2k3 exam down, 3 left to go!

preecypreecy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed Exchange 2k3 this morning with an 80% (800) score. For some strange reason I found this exam harder than the last one (70-291) even though I only scored 76% in that exam. Perhaps its because im not as familiar with exchange.

Any how I now have the following certs under my belt which I think/hope qualifies me as mcsa:
70-270 - win xp
70-284 - exchange 2k3
70-290 - managing win2k3
70-291 - implementing 2k3

What exam would you guys go for next in order to achieve 2k3 mcse?
Are any of the remaining exams slightly easier than the others in our opinions? Or maybe have more relevance to the exams I have already passed?

Oh and thanks again to the helpful posts which assisted me yet again with my exam this morning.
next up SharePoint... what's that all about!

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your MCSA. After I recieved my MCSA I took 70-293, next I am going to take 294 and then 297. I also took the Security+ to use as my elective for MCSE. Here is the link from microsoft that shows what you can take to finish your MCSE.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

I hope that helps, good luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    cheers that great ;)

if i've read that correctly i therefore require the following exams to achieve an mcse:

Two remaining core exams:
    70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    - and -
    70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure

One of the following design exams:

70-2973: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
    - or -
    70-2983: Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network

Are any of the above exams easier than the others or have more relevance to the exams i have already studied for! My little brain doesnt hold much info so i would prefer to sit any exam which may include or relate to the areas i have already covered in past exams.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I would definitely do 70-293 as a lot of the information overlaps with the material in 70-291.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    thanks will go with 70-293 next ;)
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats! Good luck with the 293!