Help Please

mickythumbsmickythumbs Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys

After getting my MCSA 2003 I stopped studying, started my own business and used some of my skills.

I want to start studying again and I am looking at exchange (70-284) to upgrade me to MCSA 2k3 + messaging my question is with the 2008 certs just around the corner is this the best way to go or should I wait.

Can I have your comments

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't wait since there are still companies out there that use Exchange 2003 and will for a while. An alternative would be to go for the Exchange 2007 exams instead.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-236.mspx
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the Exchange 2007 exam can not be used for the MCSE+Messaging.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • mickythumbsmickythumbs Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

I have enrolled for the exchange 2K3 course at a local University. Its a night class @ 300 UK pounds for 5 weeks, The 2K7 is harder to find its not offered by many over here

I just wonder if the new generation of certs will be perfered by employers or will the 2003 be accepted for a while yet
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    I just wonder if the new generation of certs will be perfered by employers or will the 2003 be accepted for a while yet
    The 2003 line will be accepted for quite a while, I'd think. Most companies are not early adopters. They won't move to the latest and greatest thing right out of the gate. On average, it'll take them a few years. Also - you can always "upgrade" when the market is more saturated with the newer stuff.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree W2K3 will be around for while.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn