Passed 70-270

Hi everyone,

I passed the 70-270 exam today with 800! It was a bit rough in the beginning and I should have studied more on the security-side (according to Microsoft). At any rate, I will be working on exam 70-290 and Security+ after a short break!

Thanks for all of you help!

- matradley
From Security+ book by Sybex:
"One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Webmaster wrote:
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    I would like to personally thank you for your Technotes! They helped me sum things up after reading the MS Press and Sybex book. *thumbs up* I am recommending you to my friends now. :)
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good job!

The technotes are possibly the best thing since slided bread icon_rolleyes.gif

perfect for that last minute study time!

I too am currently studying for Sec+. So far, its the most fun Ive ever had studying (I know, lame, but true)

after that, im planning to knock out the last 2 exams for the MCSA.

again congrats on 270
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    congrats buddy ! :P
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job!

I found 70-270 quite hard because I don't use XP much at work. Good luck with the rest of your studies :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    How long did it take everyone to receive their MCP ID access number from Microsoft? This was my first MCP and in the notes that came with the exam summary, it mentioned that Microsoft will send you the information after the transcript was created.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    How long did it take everyone to receive their MCP ID access number from Microsoft? This was my first MCP and in the notes that came with the exam summary, it mentioned that Microsoft will send you the information after the transcript was created.

I belive I had to sign up at the MCP site using some of the info the test center gave me (i cant remember off the top of my head). There is a code or # that they give your on your "Temporary Status" sheet saying you passed. Im suprised the test center didnt help you out. They told me every step.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote:
    matradley wrote:

I belive I had to sign up at the MCP site using some of the info the test center gave me (i cant remember off the top of my head). There is a code or # that they give your on your "Temporary Status" sheet saying you passed. Im suprised the test center didnt help you out. They told me every step.
    The Examiner was new and was unsure of the steps involved. She seemed more in tune with CompTIA.
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    matradley wrote:

I recently got my MCP at a Prometric testing center and was told the same thing. After I didn't hear anything for a few days I contacted Microsoft by email and got the run around for about a week before finally reaching someone on the phone that could give me my ID and access code. Still waiting for my welcome kit. If you don't hear anything in a few business days you might want to contact Microsoft.
  • nickmak86nickmak86 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:

You might want to try emailing this microsoft email address: mcphelp@microsoft.com

They were extremely responsive to my request on my MCPID and password. They reply within 1 hour.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nick