Options

Security Plus Vs Linux Plus

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Soon I am going to be sitting for my Network Plus test and after I pass I need to make a decision on my next step. I currently have PCLinuxOS and Sabayon Linux installed on XP box but have not really dug too deep into the Linux OS as I am trying to pass my Network Plus test.

My question is, Should I hit Security + first or should I take on Linux Plus test?
I looked at a Security Plus Book yesterday and saw alot fo the material that is in my network Plus book was listed in this Security + book and wondering if this would be a better use of my time.

Please let me know what you think?
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Both are Security and Linux are in demand right now... I don't thing you could wrong either way. The only thing I can say that might persuade you to take the Security+ over the Linux+ is that the Security+ Counts as an elective towards your MCSA/MCSE. So if you do eventually plan on going the Microsoft route than I would suggest getting the Security+ out of the way.

Also, there is some overlap between the Network+ and the Security+ but it is not as much as you might think... I thought there would be more overlap than there was myself... The Security+ will require at least 2 books read cover to cover.

Either way you go, good luck!