Options

Analog functionality

wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
so I'm studying AMR cards and the words "analog functionality" come along. Would somone mind trying to explain to me the idea behind that terminology, or to make matters even better, explain the purpose behind AMR. It seems to me that an AMR card is supposed to be used for the intent of combining the Modem and Sound cards together to create one strong unit. Am I even close to being right with that one?
Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.

Comments

• Options
    johnson_samjohnson_sam Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AMR- Audio Modem Riser. Well this Technology was used by Mobo manufacturers to reduce the cost of the system board. AMR (Which was later replaced by CMR) are very cheap to buy, but it only works with the specific mobo.
    AMR reduced the cost because the companies didnt have to reapprove their mobo (like if they added a modem or so.) and then they can easy get their Modem FCC complient.
    John Kosh
  • Options
    wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    AMR- Audio Modem Riser. Well this Technology was used by Mobo manufacturers to reduce the cost of the system board. AMR (Which was later replaced by CMR) are very cheap to buy, but it only works with the specific mobo.
    AMR reduced the cost because the companies didnt have to reapprove their mobo (like if they added a modem or so.) and then they can easy get their Modem FCC complient.

Yeah, but what does it do to reduce costs? I'm just kinda curious what it's "specific" use is...
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.