Options

Sybex 2nd edition Vs 3rd Edition

michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
Is there any major difference in the Sybex 3rd edition as opposed to the 2nd edition? I have the 2nd edition and found out there is a 3rd edition out now. Do I really need to buy the 3rd edition?

Comments

• Options
    WingedTekWingedTek Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the second as well and just finished it. I don't know if it has any more information but it seemed everything was went over. icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its most likley for the 2007 verison
  • Options
    That sucks, I went to two bookstores yesterday and they didn't have any Security+ books. I checked the exam objectives and it's the same. Any thoughts on if I can get away with the second edition and check sybex websites for any updates, or is it the difference between lets say windows xp and vista and I absolutely need the 3rd edition
  • Options
    TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied using the second edition and mike meyers passport. I read both books and saw some questions on the test that I never read in the books. I passed with those resources though. If you want to pass with the second edition you can. If you want to try and get a great score you might want to pick up the third edition.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't forget the excellent Tech Notes on this site.
    I used the Sybex First Edition (published date is 2003) and passed the exam last year.
    So I am guessing that the 2nd edition will be good enough.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    I just called Wiley (the people that put out the sybex books) and they said to either go with the third edition or the deluxe edition. I'm upset that it took me so long to pass the ccna and now my sybex book is out of date, but I guess it's not the end of the world. I was reading the second edition on my way to work today, but I'm going to stop since I only read a few pages on the 1st chapter and get one of the updated books. Besides my company lends the book out. I just have to return the cisco book that I had out for over a year now!