passed :) What's next ?

nickgpopnickgpop Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody,

First of all I want to thank the creator of this site. It helped me a lot for passing CCNA (640-607). I got 949 points and I feel very happy about it.
The test was not so hard i think. The only problem was that the labs were really really slow. I mean there was a big delay when typing. So be careful not to make any mistakes because you are not going to have time to correct them.
Wish everybody success.

Now I look to the next step. I think it will be CCNP. As I understand I have to take 4 exams to achieve this certifications and the first exam will be BSCI (642-801). My question is:

Because I read a lot about the expiration of 640-607 and the new 640-801 for CCNA and that there is a big difference between the two. Now I focus the same problem with BSCI. As I understand there is a new version 642-801 and HOW different is from the previous one. I ask this because I have some materials to prepare for the previous one and I am not sure how much they cover the new. What a mess :)

Also from the cisco site they recommend learning via Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks v2.0 training ? Is this enough ? Is there IS-IS inside this ? Help me with advice please.

And finally, I am ready to help everybody here with topics about CCNA!

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats with passing!

The Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks does include IS-IS. IS-IS is added since it was changed from Building Scalable Cisco Networks. In other words, IS-IS was added in exam 640-901 which is also referred to as BSCI 1.0. There really isn't any significant difference between the BSCI 1.0 and the new BSCI (2.0) exam 642-801. The exam code has changed to reflect the 642 prefix like the other 3 new CCNP exams, and the question pool has largely been refreshed. Since there isn't (or perhaps now there is, I don't know) material specific for the 642-801 exam, Cisco recommends the 640-901 books...

I used the Cisco Press book form Clare Cough, and it had everything it except NAT and IPv6.

Check some of the posts in our CCNP forum for more info and links you can use to compliment other material.