your kindly answers on simualtions

hawazhawaz Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
have two questions need to verify on router simulations..giving me lots of doubts

1/is the correct syntax for assigning password to console or router port always

line conole 0 ( or line vty 0 4)
login
password xxx

or de we need sometimes need to enter 'login' again on the next line ?

2/was practicing configuring rip for two intefaces on a router with two class c ip addresses 192.X.Y.Z with default mask

entered router rip
network address 192.x.y.0

but router wont accept whether for serial or ethernet interface. made sure no sytax and network address corresponds for the respective inteface ip adrress (making the last octet 0) ..any hint ? tried many times

Comments

• SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    Router simulations are merely to familiarize yourself with the commands of the Cisco IOS, and are not meant to be a replacement for actual learning. icon_sad.gif
    A standard cisco router has no problem accepting the password statement before or after the login statement.
    The router simulation software I have used refused to actually route RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP and BGP correctly. I managed to get around it by adding static routes, try that instead? :)

Router> enable
    Router# configure terminal
    Router(config)# line vty 0 4
    Router(config-line)# password mypass
    Router(config-line)# login
    Router(config-line)# exit
    Router(config)# line con 0
    Router(config-line)# line aux 0
    Router(config-line)# ^Z
    Router#
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • PeteyBPeteyB Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What about the Boson NetSim LE? It's supposed to be top notch, and I bought the full version because Cisco recommends it a couple of time in the books (Intro/ICND)

Of course it won't be worth a peanut when IPV6 comes out....

It is giving me extreme confidence in my exam-passing skills, and I think it is a must if you don't have a lab, or if your home-lab stinks. icon_wink.gif