Relative difficulty of 70-528?

tjcassertjcasser Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey, all.

I've been going through the materials I have for 70-528 (.Net 2.0 Web Client) and I'm finding that it seems inordinately easier than 70-536 was. Is this the general experience others have had, or is it just possibly that I know it better? I just thought I'd look for some reassurance while I'm studying. icon_redface.gif
MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
MCPD: .Net Framework 2.0 Enterprise Applications

Comments

• tjcassertjcasser Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have to say that I found 70-528 significantly harder than I thought it was going to be. It's not at the level of the worst of any of my Sun exams, but it certainly was not a walk in the park.

I don't know that I think that Microsoft's Self-Paced Training book for 528 was particularly wonderful. As I progressed into the mock exams, I found that I was faced now and again with material that had not really been covered within the book, and wasn't anything I'd run into at the office. (The sheer number of topics that had to be covered and the depth to which you're expected to know them is beyond the .Net responsibilities I have as part of my job.) I therefore spent most of this past week doing exams, seeing where I had trouble and taking copious notes, and then following through with web searches to supplement the materials.

I also used the MegaGuide from Preplogic for further help in studying. It does seem better as a final brush-up review to help cover some of the spots where the Self-paced Training book fell behind, but I wouldn't use it as my only review material. I'd recommend waiting on a sale to grab it, as I don't really think it's worth full price by any stretch of the imagination.

In the end, I did pass this afternoon, with an 806. I'm not thrilled with how it went - I felt like I was grasping at too many points - but obviously I did well enough to get through.

Now, a rest break and some thought before I go for any other exams.
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
    MCPD: .Net Framework 2.0 Enterprise Applications