Options

Yet another MCDST!

Bob KiwiBob Kiwi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I wrapped up the second half of my MCDST test. Got a 884 and a 809 on 271 and 272, respectively.

They were much easier than I expected. I get the feeling this test is on the path to obsolescence, but it's a nice start for someone who didn't know what a MS test would be like...

I personally used the Transcender Tests, and the VTC computer-based video training, which I ripped to my iPod and just listened to. I liked the VTC trainer, I felt like I learned a thing or two. The Transcender tests were great cause they were the format as the real test, but it felt to me like all it was was testing exactly what they wanted rather than learning what they wanted, if that makes sense...

A cute test, for sure. I hope that the MCITP upgrade, or whatever will happen, will be explained better in the future!

Now, I need a new test to study for...

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bob Kiwi wrote:
    Well, I wrapped up the second half of my MCDST test. Got a 884 and a 809 on 271 and 272, respectively.

They were much easier than I expected. I get the feeling this test is on the path to obsolescence, but it's a nice start for someone who didn't know what a MS test would be like...

I personally used the Transcender Tests, and the VTC computer-based video training, which I ripped to my iPod and just listened to. I liked the VTC trainer, I felt like I learned a thing or two. The Transcender tests were great cause they were the format as the real test, but it felt to me like all it was was testing exactly what they wanted rather than learning what they wanted, if that makes sense...

A cute test, for sure. I hope that the MCITP upgrade, or whatever will happen, will be explained better in the future!

Now, I need a new test to study for...

Cheers!

I was told that the MCDST exams will not be obsolescence not time soon by a representative at Microsoft. I am currently studying for the MCDST 70-271 exam.
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158