How many exams could you pass in a week?

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
Found this quote on Trika's blog in an entry about TechEd:
Number of exams needed to win an XBOX 360 for “Most Exams Passed At TechEd”: 9

The thought of passing 9 exams in one week makes my brain go numb.
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    I couldn't even begin to imagine that one as well. I am pretty proud of myself just passing one exam in a week.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Three things are possible to achieve this.:

1.You're a Genius.
    2.You have to be an expert already without having a certificate.
    3.You **** your way through it.

or any combination of the two....
    (Geniuses only account to less than one percent of the population)
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh dear. That exemplifies the worst criticisms that have been made over the years of Msoft certs and bootcamp style study. Beyond someone already being a godlike expert on each subject there is no way someone could do that and actually understand the topics.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • tjcassertjcasser Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yipe. I don't know why anyone would want to do nine exams in a week, save for some prize. I know I get fried after two or three...
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
    MCPD: .Net Framework 2.0 Enterprise Applications
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Well I disagree.

Its not practical by any means but getting 9 in a week can be done.

For example I really wouldnt hesitate to take:

A+
    inet+
    net+
    sec+
    server+
    linux+
    70-270
    70-290
    LPIC 101
    LPIC 102
    CIW-Security

Could I study up on new material and pass 9 test? No. Could I take 9 more difficult exams? No. But there are enough low level exams someone with decent experience could map out 9-10 exams that they could probably pass in a week.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This happened at TechEd, so I was assuming it was limited to MS exams.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well,

I shot out my :

Dell
    HP
    IBM/Lenovo

In a week....

But those are ridiculously easy icon_lol.gif
  • BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is hard to say. It is based on what exams you are taking. Even a genius would know that.
  • BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    drthtater wrote:
    Well,

I shot out my :

Dell
    HP
    IBM/Lenovo

In a week....

Stop fabricating! Our brains are not equipped to retain all of that information for all of those exams for a week.
  • Bob KiwiBob Kiwi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dunno, the MCDST exams (271 and 272) are very easy. Someone with an A+ could get them with little effort, even less for more experienced folk.

Then, say someone was studying for some of the MCSA tests, that's another one maybe two tests that'd be feasible in a week.

As for the last 6, do those MS Office tests count?
  • drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Babietech wrote:
    drthtater wrote:
    Well,
    I shot out my :
    Dell
    HP
    IBM/Lenovo
    In a week....

Stop fabricating! Our brains are not equipped to retain all of that information for all of those exams for a week.

:P
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I don't know Andy, we had a guy (not mentioning his name here unless he comes here) who would pop into another site you and I know of and he claimed to pass a ridiculous amount of exams....now he was likely pretty freaking smart, and he was also one of the first NT certified people (like number 40 or something very low)...point is, he's been in the industry for YEARS and very easily could be so proficient in the topics that he can walk in and take the exam.

Though most probably couldn't do this and I'm not certain I like seeing a contest to promote 'speed' testing because after a point....it could encourage preparing by well .... less then desirable means icon_sad.gif

I suppose congrats to the person who did it though!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

I wouldnt learn anything writing 9 exams in a week. For myself, it would be a waste of time and money.

an XBOX 360 costs between $299-$479 (US). I cant foresee the cost of 9 combined certs that would cost LESS than an XBOX 360. You could probably buy two 360 Elites!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    snadam wrote:

I wouldnt learn anything writing 9 exams in a week. For myself, it would be a waste of time and money.

an XBOX 360 costs between $299-$479 (US). I cant foresee the cost of 9 combined certs that would cost LESS than an XBOX 360. You could probably buy two 360 Elites!!!

I'd image it was geared toward a professional who has the experience but never taken an exam. So someone just working their way up...highly unlikely unless they used some unethical means icon_sad.gif

Besides, who has time for XBOX with all the exam taking ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • tomtechtomtech Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't want to take more than 1 exam a week. Even then that's stretching it in my opinion, unless you're some kind of genius.
  • tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I considered a bootcamp style of study. Talk about pressure!!!! NO THANKS!!
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg
  • TristorTristor Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmm, I'm not sure if I could walk in and sit 9 in a week, but I could probably do 8 easily enough. Granted, I've sat for all of the following except for 4 (the two MS and the I-net and server) and passed them with minimal or no studying already. I wouldn't want to though, since it would be a bit nerve-wracking. That said, I did my Sec+ and my Linux+ on the same day with only a 15 minute break between the two, but I don't think I'll repeat that again.

A+
    Net+
    I-Net+
    Server+
    Linux+
    Security+
    70-270
    70-290
  • l33tgamal33tgama Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It depends really on the person that is taking the exam's some people are lucky will scrape a pass it also sits on the fact on how much you know about the subjects that are on exam. you could be a walking talking genius. and be able to read and write binary without the blink of an eye, but if you try and take a exam on how to cook you would have no idea. my personal best is passing about 9 exams in one week. but that was because i did not sleep and studyed every night and day icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_idea.gif also it depends on what funds $$ you have. And if you can afford to make a expensive mistake.