Options

Voucher question

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey I have the money to get the Network Plus Voucher. but I am unsure who to go with?
Prometric or Vue

Anybody have any thoughts on this issue ?
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am kind of neutral in this regard, because while it seems that Vue has a better reputation for stability and having their act together when administering the exams, I have personally never had any trouble with Prometric. Where I am at, Prometric has a nice big testing facility at Trident College with a couple of dozen workstations that are all up-to-snuff and a cafe area in the same building where you can arrive early for breakfast/lunch/coffee and go over your notes one last time, the Vue centers are smaller and more private.

So far I have let the "cheapest voucher I can find" determine where I take my exam.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If you'd try a search for prometric vue in the general certs forum you'd see that it differs a lot per location and also depends a lot on the people running the test center (some being more capable than others...). Both have standards that when adhered to should result in a good test center. In reality that's not always the case. We have positive and negative posts about both. If it's not too far, I'd simply check them out beforehand. Some exam rooms I've been in were more like large closets / storage rooms with a dozen computers stuffed in it, with low refresh rate CRT monitors, and loud and sticky keyboards... but another one was downright luxurious (and had good coffee :D).
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Where are you located in PA?

I would suggest going to each site and looking at the testing centers in your area and she which one is more convenient. Then ask here about the specific center.

If you are around Pittsburgh, I go to Riverhead which is downtown, they are both a prometric and a VUE center. I have also used New Horizons which I believe is still on Greentree and they are a prometric center.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    Where are you located in PA?

I would suggest going to each site and looking at the testing centers in your area and she which one is more convenient. Then ask here about the specific center.

If you are around Pittsburgh, I go to Riverhead which is downtown, they are both a prometric and a VUE center. I have also used New Horizons which I believe is still on Greentree and they are a prometric center.

II think I will end up using Prometric as Delaware County Community College is not from me. I also think I am going to use the Exam Voucher link from this site as well!

Thanks all for the responses.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    redmossbergredmossberg Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I go with who ever is closest to me.
    A.A.S. Computer Network Systems
    B.S. Information System Security