Options

How much for a boot camp go for these days?

JammywanksJammywanks Member Posts: 127
I was at work and this guy said that there's a 4 day boot camp, it starts on a Thursday, then Friday, Sat. Sun. and on Monday you take the exam. He said it was around $500 and includes the cost of the exam.

I've looked around on the site (AVtech) and I couldn't find anything. Now suspecting that he's full of bs, I asked him again, more specifically, about the course. He said he'd get back to me cause he goes to class at night after work.

So far I haven't heard anything yet. Is he just full of it or are there really some short boot camps that go for under a grand? I looked around for CCNA bootcamps myself and they are around 3-4 grand.
CCNA Lab: Two 1720's, one 2520, two 2924XL switches
[IPCop box] PIII 1GHz | 512MB RAM | 1 Gig Compact Flash HD
Errors in your CCNA text book? Never mind, the authors don't care.

Comments

• Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't seen one for less then 2500... That was the cheapest I have found. 500 including exam means that the actual 4 day class is 375... nope doesn't sound right to me.
  • Options
    JammywanksJammywanks Member Posts: 127
    Yep what an idiot... I knew it all along.
    CCNA Lab: Two 1720's, one 2520, two 2924XL switches
    [IPCop box] PIII 1GHz | 512MB RAM | 1 Gig Compact Flash HD
    Errors in your CCNA text book? Never mind, the authors don't care.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'd need an 50:1 instructor to student ratio to make any money, if it is that price I would predict the quality isn't that good based on the average daily rate for any good instructor (I employ a few and it's expensive) can't make money at $500, and after the exam voucher it's $375 so a school would need 20 students just to break even
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    baldychokobaldychoko Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,
    I am going to an ICND boot camp that goes for 5 days the total cost is 5k ($4400USD) but my work is paying for it I am pretty sure it doesnt include an exam at attempt at the end. If work wasnt paying for it, at this price i wouldnt even consider it.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If that course is just ICND, then I seriously doubt it is a bootcamp but just a regular ICND class.

CCNA Bootcamps usually run 5 days and cover both Intro and Icnd material, hence it is pretty fast paced.

Most include an exam voucher, too...
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.