Options

passed BCMSN

peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I passed BSMSN today, scored 857 with a pass mark set at icon_mike.gif.

icon_mike.gif questions in all, a lot of icon_mike.gif, icon_mike.gif and icon_mike.gif.

Two scenarios, both straight-forward if you know icon_mike.gif.

There was one horrible question, in fact the first one on the test, about icon_mike.gif. The question had a icon_mike.gif and some icon_mike.gif with multiple questions about icon_mike.gif.

It probably took me ten minutes to get through it and I was a bit worried about time for a while knowing there'd be a scenario coming up too.

But there are enough simple questions, about icon_mike.gif or so where only one answer is needed, to re-gain some time.

You need to know your subject for this exam!

Re-read the CiscoPress BCMSN Study Guide!

In fact, I went through the whole book last week-end in two 10 hour sessions...

just skimming the stuff that I knew and re-reading anything that I wasn't sure of...

I'm glad I had that extra reading!

I reckon there's at least 3 - 4 questions that have obscure answers and I had to spend time balancing in my mind just what the correct answer was as I didn't know for sure.

So that's my re-cert done for another couple of years but next time I'll be looking at one of the two new exams, ONT or whatever the other one is...

I'll opt for the book with the least number of pages in future as I'll want an easier subject than switching (or routing!).

Regards
Peter

Comments

• Options
    MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
    dude congats!!!
    remove stufff...
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I moderated out almost all the NDA stuff icon_mike.gif

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement

The main guts of the Cisco NDA is "contents of the exam are confidential."
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

You can also read the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

hmm, you've gone more than a bit over the top there...

for instance there have been messages in the past that state the pass mark required...

and others have stated the types of questions.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about such things as it'll be a couple of years before I need to look at a Cisco book again, if I ever do.

I could be retiring in four years...

and the certification is only good to get a job interview which I won't need if I stay with my current employer.

MACattack: yes the CiscoPress study guides are the only books I've ever used. They cover almost everything that will come up in the exams.

If you have a Cisco log-in there's lots of good information in the Cisco CCNP Prep Centre, especially the practice exam that has quite a few wireless questions.

Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    congratulations on the pass, and the retirement plan!
    I wish I could retire anytime soon, but that wont happen icon_sad.gif
    I hate pandas