Options

Time off to go on interviews?

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
I just started a 6 month contract job now and all these job opportunities seems to be coming now. I have two places that want to interview me soon but I feel it looks back if I ask for all this time off to go on interviews, especially since I just started. How do I approach it? This contract job seems to be something Id like doing for a few months. So what do you do when you are working (in particular a contract job) and companies want you to come and interview during your work hours?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well it's a 6 mont contract so you need to do what you need to do. If the company has a written policy about taking personal time or vacation time, just follow the rules (make sure you submit it in writing 10 days ahead or whatever they require). Companies like to make you "feel bad" for taking the vacation time they give you (remember this is part of the benefits package they offered you) off by stressing how hard it is to cover for you and what not, but do they "feel bad" when they fire somone? Not really.
    The only easy day was yesterday!