Options

Newbie question (cisco 2502)

m0rpheusm0rpheus Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. I am currently studying for my CCNA exam and I decided to purchase some hardware to get some hand-on experience. I got a couple of 2502's off Ebay today. They came with pre-set passwords so I had to do password recovery in order to use them. Well, I guess I did something wrong because one of them acts very weird after the password recovery. I can't configure anything (passwords, ip's, etc), and when I attempt to enter the config mode the prompt suddenly disappears!! Here is a screenshot of exactly what is going on - I would appreciate any help on this issue.

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problemai1.jpg

And my second question is - can I use any type of adapter to use the Token Ring ports as Ethernet ports, because I overlooked the routers when I was buying them - I thought they had AUI ports instead of Token Ring icon_confused.gif

Thanks a lot in advance.
You can if you think you can

Comments

• Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    sbelchev wrote:
    Hello everyone. I am currently studying for my CCNA exam and I decided to purchase some hardware to get some hand-on experience. I got a couple of 2502's off Ebay today. They came with pre-set passwords so I had to do password recovery in order to use them. Well, I guess I did something wrong because one of them acts very weird after the password recovery. I can't configure anything (passwords, ip's, etc), and when I attempt to enter the config mode the prompt suddenly disappears!! Here is a screenshot of exactly what is going on - I would appreciate any help on this issue.

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problemai1.jpg

And my second question is - can I use any type of adapter to use the Token Ring ports as Ethernet ports, because I overlooked the routers when I was buying them - I thought they had AUI ports instead of Token Ring icon_confused.gif

Thanks a lot in advance.

You're kinda screwed on the TR port issue. Token ring required completely different NICs for your hosts in order to work. As for the image it isn't detailed enough to see whats wrong with it. After you type in conf t and hit enter nothing happens? Are you able to see the run conf?
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    markzab,

Thanks for the clarification on the TR's.
    When I type config t, I get a blank prompt and that's it. I can't even see the run conf. I can't see or change any type of configuration.
  • Options
    Crap, I had the same type of issue when booting up a switch for the first time a little while back but I can't remember it for the life of me. Lemme see if I can find the old thread...
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    Haha, found it. This was a fun thread that kept a few people following for about 5 hours a ways back...

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23248&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Page 2 of that thread...about half way down...after I decide to start up the 2924 instead of watching TV. icon_lol.gif

I had the exact same problem as you. Just read through what I did and maybe it'll help you out.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out :D