CCSA Self Study - is it possible?

jedijeejedijee Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I have been contemplating the CCSA certification for some time now, but am not sure if it can be achieved through self study or a instructor course is the best bet.

To give some background, I have worked as a Network Admin for seven years with a small company, and have various certifications such as the CISSP, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP.

However, because it was a small company I worked for, the budget didn't allow for products such as Checkpoint to be implemented, and so I have zero hands on experience.

I can't afford a course right now as much as I would like, so would like to get your opinion on a self study plan of the following:

Syngress CheckPoint NGX book
CheckPoint objectives on the site
CheckPoint PDF's on the site
Trial software from CheckPoint to install on a computer at home and practice on.

Do you think this is sufficient?

Also, I noticed several trials can be downloaded on the website - which is it that would be best for the CCSA?

Thanks guys.

Jedi Jee
Cheers,

JediJee

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Although it obviously differs per individual, it should be doable with the material you listed. and you certainly wouldn't be the first who passes the exam without attending an instructor-led course.
  • buulambuulam Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Be sure to check out the Checkpoint Users Group www.cpug.org

It is a very helpful place for Checkpoint specific help

With the other certifications you've studied for I think you will be just fine after you play with the trial software for a while
    Currently working on:
    CCNP (BCMSN, ONT, ISCW completed)
    HP ASE ProCurve Networking (BPRAN, Security completed)