Whew!

RodwenRodwen Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed!

Besides now having the certification, another good thing that's come of this exam, it's confirmed which areas I need to further study and gain experience on. *chuckles*

Thank you for all of the tips and tech notes. They have been a great help.

I've been mulling over the idea of going for Network+, but at the moment things are a bit too hectic.

Once again, thank you for all your help!
Proverbs 8:5
____

"If I had one wish to make, this is the wish I would choose... I'd want an old straw hat, a suit of overalls and a worn out pair of shoes."

Comments

  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

    And that's a nice avatar btw, blends in nicely with TechExams.net
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Rodwen wrote:
    Passed!

    Besides now having the certification, another good thing that's come of this exam, it's confirmed which areas I need to further study and gain experience on. *chuckles*

    Thank you for all of the tips and tech notes. They have been a great help.

    I've been mulling over the idea of going for Network+, but at the moment things are a bit too hectic.

    Once again, thank you for all your help!

    Congratulations, i'll do it next week so, any tips for this last week that you can share?.
  • RodwenRodwen Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    *grins happily* Thank you Webmaster. It's an enormous relief to have passed. And thank you again, I guess it does blend rather well.
    Proverbs 8:5
    ____

    "If I had one wish to make, this is the wish I would choose... I'd want an old straw hat, a suit of overalls and a worn out pair of shoes."
  • RodwenRodwen Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    elegua wrote:
    Rodwen wrote:
    Passed!

    Besides now having the certification, another good thing that's come of this exam, it's confirmed which areas I need to further study and gain experience on. *chuckles*

    Thank you for all of the tips and tech notes. They have been a great help.

    I've been mulling over the idea of going for Network+, but at the moment things are a bit too hectic.

    Once again, thank you for all your help!

    Congratulations, i'll do it next week so, any tips for this last week that you can share?.

    OooOOoooo.... let me see...

    Just try to determine what your weak spots are, and tackle them as best you can. Ask questions, read different articles, etc. There were a few specific areas that I knew I would have trouble with and should have prepared better for.
    Secondly, get lots of rest the night before, and eat breakfast. I was nervous on top of being hungry, hence shaking throughout both exams. Didn't help me stay calm any, and almost made me fall down the stairs. *chuckles*

    I will agree with what most people here say, know the objectives, be familiar with the concepts, study your material well, and you'll do fine. Experience is the best teacher. It really is. I started studying a year ago, knew absolutely nothing about computers, and with study and hands-on experience, (and lots of prayer for understanding) I was ready.

    So.. identify the troublesome areas, implement an attack strategy, and give CompTIA an A+ candidate to conjure with. :D

    Best of wishes on the exams Elegua!
    Proverbs 8:5
    ____

    "If I had one wish to make, this is the wish I would choose... I'd want an old straw hat, a suit of overalls and a worn out pair of shoes."
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! Welcome to the A+ Club! What is next for you?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • RodwenRodwen Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why thank you very much! I'm wondering... do we have a secret club house? Like... in a tree? Where we can discuss our A+ club..um... stuff? I could bake some cookies. icon_lol.gif Juuuuust kidding. *chuckles*

    I've been considering the Network+. Mostly because network related issues are my weakest point. I would really like to make that monster go away.
    Proverbs 8:5
    ____

    "If I had one wish to make, this is the wish I would choose... I'd want an old straw hat, a suit of overalls and a worn out pair of shoes."
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Rodwen wrote:
    Why thank you very much! I'm wondering... do we have a secret club house? Like... in a tree? Where we can discuss our A+ club..um... stuff? I could bake some cookies. icon_lol.gif Juuuuust kidding. *chuckles*

    I've been considering the Network+. Mostly because network related issues are my weakest point. I would really like to make that monster go away.
    I do not believe we can tell you until you receive your card. ;)

    Network+ is a great vendor neutral exam to start off with in regards to networking. It is a basis for many exams you may do after you complete the Network+. That and you can use your A+ and Network+ for an exemption for an Elective in the MCSA track.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Alligator wrestler Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

    ***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

    'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
Sign In or Register to comment.