Options

I have 15 WIC 1T cards

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
Ive come across 15 WIC 1T cards.

They do say copyright cisco systems on the board but is there any other means to determine if they are legitamite cisco product or a chinese copy? Additionally what is a good way to test them?

btw How much are these worth if they are legit and how much if they are chinese?

I definately dont need this many so maybe I can help out some visitors here.

---edit fixed typos

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If they are legit and brand new then probably between 120 and 140 bucks a piece, give or take a little. If they are hongkong bootlegs, then probably around 30 to 40 a piece. Best way to find out is look at the serial# and then call cisco. As far as physically testing them to see if they are bootleg will be hard. A lot of the bootleg cards still work and function, they just arn't built by cisco manufactorers.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Well i dont know how useful they are in a lab environment but I didnt want to just see them thrown out so I scooped them up.

If they prove to be sought after I may try to help some people on here, fill up my 2600s that are empty and ebay the rest.
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    honestly sometimes I can't even tell the difference between the real and the fake. The only way you can identify them is that the fake ones are way to cheap. A WIC is usually over a 100 dollars. When you get some for 20 dollars on ebay, watch out!
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    Ok im off work now and had time to actually look at them. Apparently a WIC 1T is just a serial interface.

Well they all say cisco on the board and they were not purchase by me. It was in with some equipment that was pulled a few years ago and was being dumped. Actually 2 of them came from routers i purchased from my company. The rest of the routers were sold off to various places. Im not sure why the cards werent sold....they were pulled from working routers so they shouldnt be dead.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IF they were pulled form production then they are more than likely legit. Most companies ensure they are buying registered products. I say most, but you never know. Check the serial numbers and call cisco manufactorers. The fact that they are used depreciates the vlaue some. But still if they are legit, they are worth more than 30 or 40 bucks. Try to sell them to techexams people for 50 bucks and ebay 70 or 80. icon_lol.gif Nah i'm just kidding, do whatever you want with them. Do you have a way to test them? With 15 of those puppies you could put a nice amount of cash in your pocket for sure.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Yeah ive got a 2 2610XM routers. I guess i can set them up and establish a link between the two and make sure they can ping each other.

If anyone is interseted in one I will try to help them out and make them a good deal.
  • Options
    wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    IF they were pulled form production then they are more than likely legit. Most companies ensure they are buying registered products. I say most, but you never know. Check the serial numbers and call cisco manufactorers. The fact that they are used depreciates the vlaue some. But still if they are legit, they are worth more than 30 or 40 bucks. Try to sell them to techexams people for 50 bucks and ebay 70 or 80. icon_lol.gif Nah i'm just kidding, do whatever you want with them. Do you have a way to test them? With 15 of those puppies you could put a nice amount of cash in your pocket for sure.

Agreed...I'd put them on here first before ebay. Hook up people you 'know' first...lol
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.