Options

its probably been asked but....

The Prize Is LobsterThe Prize Is Lobster Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
ISDN on the 640-801.

Im not opposed to learning it in depth, but when literally cramming your head with knowledge and nearing the end of your book....I question how much of ISDN I should really know for a few reasons. Main one being of course that I cant imagine it comes up in real world situations frequently and riding off that, my assumption would be its not on the test that often. I suppose I would equate it to Windows 95 questions on an A+ exam ;) Am I right in thinking this? Should I just have the basics down or how in depth should I delve into it?

Comments

• Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    I'm wondering the same question. I'm pretty solid on all area's except this. And it's not like i tried. It's just sooooo boring and not really used as much as it once was. I'm going to take the ICND on the 30th so i'm guessing if we know the basic understanding we should be good. In terms of configuration i'm all over the place with it.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been told from friends who have taken the exam to make sure you know the ISDN standards, reference points, and trivial facts. Like I series standards, E series Qseries.

I'm definately going to know the Q series like Q.921 Q.931

probably wouldn;t hurt to have debug isdn q921 and q931 up in the noggin too.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    The Prize Is LobsterThe Prize Is Lobster Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kafifi13 wrote:
    It's just sooooo boring

All things considered, theres only been a few things in the CCNA cirriculum Ive considered kinda dry...but yeah....ISDN really takes the cake as educational Nytol.
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    I have been told from friends who have taken the exam to make sure you know the ISDN standards, reference points, and trivial facts. Like I series standards, E series Qseries.

I'm definitely going to know the Q series like Q.921 Q.931

probably wouldn;t hurt to have debug isdn q921 and q931 up in the noggin too.
    That's about right, ISDN isn't covered much on the ICND, it will probably go the way of Novell standards in the new tests and not be covered at all.
  • Options
    wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ISDN on the 640-801.

Im not opposed to learning it in depth, but when literally cramming your head with knowledge and nearing the end of your book....I question how much of ISDN I should really know for a few reasons. Main one being of course that I cant imagine it comes up in real world situations frequently and riding off that, my assumption would be its not on the test that often. I suppose I would equate it to Windows 95 questions on an A+ exam ;) Am I right in thinking this? Should I just have the basics down or how in depth should I delve into it?

As for if it's on there, I'm going to have to go with others answers....

As for using it in the real world, I know we still use it at Raymond James as a backup for our routers....when the T1 drops, it switches to a ISDN backup, so it's a good thing to know for that purpose.
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.